All organizations seeking funding should keep the following guidelines in mind:
- The grant applicant must be registered as a 501(c)(3) and further classified as a public charity.
- Grants are not made to individuals.
- The foundation typically awards grants to organizations serving the Carolinas.
- The foundation rarely supports organizations with contributed revenue of less than $250,000.
SUBMITTING A LETTER OF INQUIRY:
Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) are accepted throughout the year. Before you can submit an LOI, you are required to take a short eligibility quiz. If you meet our criteria, you will be asked to register as a user in our grants management system and submit your LOI. You will receive confirmation once your LOI has been received. TLLF will contact you regarding next steps within approximately 60 days.
SUBMITTING A RENEWAL:
Applicants seeking renewal funding may submit one request for a renewal per TLLF fiscal year (July 1-June 30). To start the renewal application process, you must click the “Request to Open Renewal” button. From there:
- You will be redirected to our online portal
- You must navigate to last year’s renewal request
- You will select the “Renewal Request” form
- You will complete and submit this brief request form
- You will be notified by TLLF when your renewal application is ready for use (can take a few days)
Please note: The form you fill out to request a renewal is not the same thing as your application. The form simply indicates to us that you are ready to initiate the renewal process.
Additionally, if your organization misses its renewal application window, you must wait a full year to reapply. To clarify the quarter in which your organization is eligible to apply, visit your organization profile in the online portal. To see important deadlines for your designated quarter, view the chart below.